Federal income taxes for individual tax payers are due April 17, 2012 for the current 2011 tax year. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is just opening up the tax filing season making their formal announcements as to specific tax due dates in 2012. This year April 15 falls on a Sunday, and the Emancipation Day holiday will be observed in the District of Columbia on Monday April 16. Federal law therefore says we get two extra days to file our IRS taxes.
IRS Tax Due Dates in 2012
Below are just a few dates when taxes are due in 2012 for individuals. We have listed the dates in 2012 and the income tax form for reference. Please read the income tax forms and instructions to verify your tax due date.
- January 17 - Form 1040-ES Payment Voucher 4
- February 15 - W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- April 17 - Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- April 17 - Form 4868 Extension Of Time To File
- April 17 - Form 1040-ES Payment Voucher 1
- June 15 - Form 1040-ES Payment Voucher 2
- September 17 - Form 1040-ES Payment Voucher 3
IRS Publication 509, Tax Calendars
The official when are taxes due publication from the IRS is titled Publication 509, Tax Calendars. The IRS tax calendar is a 12 month calendar divided into four quarters. Pub 509 gives specific due dates for filing tax forms, paying taxes, and other federal tax law actions. Pub 509 also contains three tax calendars: General, Employers, and Excise.
PDF file: IRS Publication 509, Tax Calendars (14 pages)