2016 1040 Printable PDF Files:
- 2016 1040 Form (189KB)
- 2016 1040 Instructions Booklet (3.1MB)
- 2016 1040 Tax Table (inside 1040 instructions booklet)
The IRS has updated and published the printable 2016 1040 Instructions Booklet and tax table. Each income tax filing season the IRS usually publishes the 1040 form and 1040 instructions booklet in the month of December. Last year the 1040 instructions booklet was delayed until January due to last minute income tax law changes. Use the 2016 1040 Form and 2016 1040 Instructions Booklet file links above to view, save, and print these for free.
Inside the 2016 1040 Instructions Booklet you will find:
- Do I need to file an income tax return chart.
- Form 1040 due date.
- Line instructions for Form 1040.
- Earned Income Credit (EIC) instructions.
- Mailing address for where to send your forms.
- IRS income tax table to use with Form 1040.
The IRS began processing paper and electronically filed income tax returns on January 23, 2017. You can print, fill-in, and mail your 2016 Form 1040 now if you are ready to do so. Forms W-2 from employers, Forms 1099 from banks and sub-contract work, and other important tax documents are generally due to you by February 1, 2017 which has already passed. You should contact your employer's payroll department immediately if you have not received your W-2 by now and ask for a copy.