You can order 1040 forms and instructions by mail direct from the US Internal Revenue Service. The IRS will no longer print and mail 1040 forms and instructions booklets automatically on an annual basis. You must order 1040 forms and instructions from their website if you want them mailed to you.
How To Order By Mail
- Visit the IRS order forms by mail web page.
- Enter the form name or number into the search box, 1040 for example.
- Select the forms and instructions you want to order by mail, then click Add To Cart.
- View your cart and click the Checkout button when ready.
- Enter your shipping address and confirm your order.
The IRS will process and ship your 1040 forms and instructions by mail order in 7 to 15 days. If the form, instructions booklet, or publication is not available when you place your order, they will mail it to you when it becomes available. There is an order by mail limit of 10 different products. You will receive two copies of each ordered form, and one copy of each ordered publication. Instructions are automatically included whenever you order an income tax form.
In a rush? You can download printable income tax forms and instructions in PDF format now.